Saturday, September 11, 2010

A little confused and scared

Last Monday I went to my doctors appointment it was a very exciting morning because I was having another ultrasound... and I am always excited about seeing my little man.  After my ultrasound the doctor came in and told me my little man is too small... And I couldn't help but be stunned, I mean I am not a small person and when I was born I was over 9 lbs, and my husband is not a small man... he was born three months early and he was over 5 lbs... I mean think about how big he would have been considering you gain 1/2 a lbs every week the last three months you are in the womb.  So of course I was completely shocked, my daughter was a perfect 7lbs 9ozs This is just a little crazy, then they tell me with in the past two weeks the protein in my urine went from 0 to 131... just two weeks... if it gets over 300 then they are putting me in the hospital until he is born.  Today I am 28 weeks and 6 days... and they said that he is only about 2lbs 9ozs... but everything I read say that this is normal weight for gestation, but my doctor says that it is too small... So now I am scared of course being me I had to look up what could happen if he was born really small, there could be so many issues that I don't want to list them all here but this is called SGA (Small for Gestational Age) of course they want me back in two weeks to check my protein and they want me back in four weeks for another ultrasound to see if he has progressed with his weight...I guess we will see what happens... I just need to keep the faith that he will be ok.

No comments: