Sunday, August 22, 2010

cute little jacket I crocheted for my little guy!!

This is my little girl holding up the little sweater jacket I crocheted for our new addition coming in November.  I didn't make this with my own pattern, instead I went to www.youtube.com and typed in something about crocheting a baby sweater.  And of course I found my favorite guy, mikey, showing me how to make a cute little sweater I made it with a brown and a white combined to make it extra thick... here is the link to help you out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHL10Do89cU  He gives step by step instructions and explains everything... Now this is only for the actual sweater part... For the hood... I chained 40 and did 9 rows of double crochet... then I folded it in half and single crocheted down the first chain 40 row.  Then I single crocheted it to the sweater... I got this idea from a girl on youtube and here is the link.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GndvRipCWc&feature=related  But I only did the hood part of what she was showing.  Now the buttons are actually the white on the bottom and brown on the top and the brown is actually in the shape of starts and I actually got this from a pattern for a little high top bootie... Now I have made the booties and pretty soon I will be making some to match this jacket but the star pattern is at the end of the video and here is the link.  It is 38:45 minutes into the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-KyPb38_Rs  For the button holes I just placed my buttons by sewing them in make sure you have the bottom attached to the star or else it will keep coming off ....then I single crocheted down the opposite side and when I reached the button I chained seven then started single crocheting again and did the same thing at the next button

I hope this is helpful... If you have any questions just post to my blog and I will try to help



Happy crocheting!!!!!

No comments: